It’s World Chocolate Day, so we hope you are all indulging yourself!
We thought to celebrate, we would share 10 sweet facts to get you in the mood for the delicious treat!
- To make 1 pound of chocolate, 400 cocoa beans are used!
- Each cacao tree on average produces 2500 cocoa beans.
- Before a harvest, a farmer has to wait four to five years before cacao trees are ready to produce their first beans.
- Around 50 million people, worldwide, depend on cocoa farming as their livelihood.
- Chocolate was a form of currency in the Mayan times!
- Europe is responsible for the consumption of more than half of the world’s chocolate consumption.
- The chocolate industry is worth over $75 billion per year!
- More than 58 million pounds of chocolate is bought during Valentine’s Day in America.
- 1.5 million Crème Eggs are made by Cadbury every day.
- Cadbury created the first ever chocolate bar in England, 1842.
We hope you found these interesting, and if you wanted, why not check out one of our books!
My Little Persian Kitchen has some wonderful chocolatey desserts, which will make your mouth water, guaranteed!
You can buy the book here!
MORE FROM THE BLOG
Cleaner streets, safer oceans, beautiful communities… Let’s all come together and make that a reality, not just for Plastic Free July, but for the whole year! Plastic Free July is an attempt to help millions of people learn how they can make a difference, and protect our wo...read more
It's National Picnic Month at the minute, and what a great month to have it on! We seem to have gotten very lucky with the weather recently, so why not make the most out of it and go out for a nice picnic! Better yet… Nothing beats laying in a nice spot, catching some sun, an...read more