Happy Shrove Tuesday. The meaning for 'Shrove' is forgiven for wrong doings. It falls on a different date each year depending on when Easter is. This year Shrove Tuesday is today 5th March, 2019.
- Another name for Shrove Tuesday is Pancake Day.
- Many people make pancakes on Shrove Tuesday and in some parts of the UK run in pancake races.
- Shrove Tuesday was the last opportunity to use up eggs and fats before embarking on the Lenten fast and pancakes are the perfect way of using up these ingredients.
- A pancake is a thin, flat cake, made of batter and fried in a frying pan.
- A traditional English pancake is very thin and is served immediately.
- Golden syrup or lemon juice and caster sugar are the usual toppings for pancakes.
- The pancake has a very long history and featured in cookery books as far back as 1439.
- The ingredients for pancakes: Eggs, Flour, Salt and Milk.
MORE FROM THE BLOG
We recently received a lovely review from Sally Burrell, check out below to see what she thought! "A fantastic book which will keep you guessing. A story which shows love, friendship, magic and surprises. Anna writes straight from the heart and will capture your Sou...read more