Happy Shrove Tuesday. The meaning for 'Shrove' is forgiven for wrong doings. It falls on a different date each year depending on when Easter is. This year Shrove Tuesday is today 5th March, 2019.
- Another name for Shrove Tuesday is Pancake Day.
- Many people make pancakes on Shrove Tuesday and in some parts of the UK run in pancake races.
- Shrove Tuesday was the last opportunity to use up eggs and fats before embarking on the Lenten fast and pancakes are the perfect way of using up these ingredients.
- A pancake is a thin, flat cake, made of batter and fried in a frying pan.
- A traditional English pancake is very thin and is served immediately.
- Golden syrup or lemon juice and caster sugar are the usual toppings for pancakes.
- The pancake has a very long history and featured in cookery books as far back as 1439.
- The ingredients for pancakes: Eggs, Flour, Salt and Milk.
MORE FROM THE BLOG
Eating Disorders Awareness Week 2019 from 24th February through to 2nd March. This week is a great opportunity to increase knowledge and understanding of eating disorders, share stories about recovery and to put a stop to myths. Around the world there are a lot of people suffering from an eating ...read more