It's Dinosaur Day! So, to celebrate, we thought we'd feature one of our very own dinosaur books and give you a few facts that you might not have known!
Charlie Daniels is more than six feet tall, allergic to almost everything, and has a pet dinosaur at home. His life in Arizona is relatively normal. That is, apart from the nightmares Charlie has...
But when his dinosaur, Trike, gets kidnapped by a strange old lady and her cat-like sidekick, Charlie and his misfit friend Arty are sucked into a story bigger than both of them. Risking everything to rescue Trike, Charlie and Arty are flung into the past, landing in the chaos of New York City, 1865.
Here are a few things you may not know about dinosaurs!
- Small meat eaters were most likely the smartest type of dinosaurs.
- A newborn human baby has a bigger brain than most adult dinosaurs had. Whales and dolphins have the biggest brains of all living animals.
- Most dinosaurs were vegetarians.
- The largest dinosaur eggs were as large as basketballs. The bigger the egg, the thicker the shell. So, if the eggs had been larger, dinosaur babies probably would not have been able to get out.
- The blue whale is bigger than any dinosaur at 108 feet (33 m).
- Tyrannosaurus rex had huge back legs, but its tiny front legs were not much longer than human arms.
- Some of the biggest plant eaters had to eat as much as a ton of food a day. This is similar to eating a bus-sized pile of vegetation every day.
If you find dinosaurs as interesting as we do, you will enjoy this thrilling, adventure story: The Guttersnipes. Grab your copy while you still can!
MORE FROM THE BLOG
The 2018 Netflix movie, Bird Box, is the new talk to the town with over 40 million views! But the original Bird Box by Josh Malerman was published in 2014. Both the book and film are amazing and are highly recommended. But as usual there are some differences between the book at the movie. (Warni...read more