It's Dinosaur Day! So, to celebrate, we thought we'd feature one of our very own dinosaur books and give you a few facts that you might not have known!
Charlie Daniels is more than six feet tall, allergic to almost everything, and has a pet dinosaur at home. His life in Arizona is relatively normal. That is, apart from the nightmares Charlie has...
But when his dinosaur, Trike, gets kidnapped by a strange old lady and her cat-like sidekick, Charlie and his misfit friend Arty are sucked into a story bigger than both of them. Risking everything to rescue Trike, Charlie and Arty are flung into the past, landing in the chaos of New York City, 1865.
Here are a few things you may not know about dinosaurs!
- Small meat eaters were most likely the smartest type of dinosaurs.
- A newborn human baby has a bigger brain than most adult dinosaurs had. Whales and dolphins have the biggest brains of all living animals.
- Most dinosaurs were vegetarians.
- The largest dinosaur eggs were as large as basketballs. The bigger the egg, the thicker the shell. So, if the eggs had been larger, dinosaur babies probably would not have been able to get out.
- The blue whale is bigger than any dinosaur at 108 feet (33 m).
- Tyrannosaurus rex had huge back legs, but its tiny front legs were not much longer than human arms.
- Some of the biggest plant eaters had to eat as much as a ton of food a day. This is similar to eating a bus-sized pile of vegetation every day.
If you find dinosaurs as interesting as we do, you will enjoy this thrilling, adventure story: The Guttersnipes. Grab your copy while you still can!
MORE FROM THE BLOG
What makes a book? The opening paragraph? The characters? The plot? In truth, they all work together to create a good narrative but the final line of the book is just as important; how the author leaves us is just as vital as how they greet us. So, without further ado, we give you: our favourite clo...read more
Did you manage to work out our 10 Christmas Anagrams? Well, you can see below how many you managed to get right! 1) CONGRESS LIAR(5,7) Answer: CAROL SINGERS 2) IN THE GLINTS (6,5) Answer: SILENT NIGHT 3) GAP PAWN RIPPER (8,5) Answer: WRAPPING PAPER ...read more