Jack Sutton, the author of The Power and the Glory, shares some details about their life after becoming a new author!
- Did you always dream of becoming an author?
It has always been a dream. I used to enjoy essay writing at school.
- What was your first job?
Apprentice engineering draughtsman.
- How did you come about writing your book? Was that your intention or did you start writing for fun?
I have always liked reading murder mysteries and watching TV programmes of that type. I had developed the plot in my mind for “The Power and the Glory”, but it was when lock-down due, to covid, happened that I had more time available to begin actual writing.
- What was your life like before you became an author?
My life was busy professionally and even after official retirement, I was still called, on a consultancy basis, for the design of special purpose machinery.
- Did you face any struggles before becoming an author? If so, how did you overcome them?I have been fortunate in life and not had the problems that many people have to face and enjoyed good health. My greatest loss was when my wife died eight years ago. That is something we all have to face at some time in life. Many friends and activities helped me to overcome my loss.
- Now that you are a published author, how has your life changed, if at all?
As a published author, my life hasn’t changed and neither have i. Even if ever I became a “best selling author”, I would still be “me”.
- Can you please describe a typical day in your life now?
I rise early and when engaged on engineering design work, I work during the morning. After lunch, I usually engage myself in things of a more relaxing nature. When writing I usually follow a similar routine.
- What is your most memorable moment of your life as an author?
The day that I received the email from the Commissioning Editor at Pegasus Publishers offering a contract.
- In a few words, how would you review your experience with Pegasus Publishers?
My experience with Pegasus Publishers has been excellent. Friendly guidance in every way being so helpful and reassuring, especially for new authors.
- Why did you choose Pegasus Publishers?
Pegasus Publishers being so well known and welcoming manuscripts for consideration from anyone, even to newcomers to the literary world.
You can get a copy of the book here: https://pegasuspublishers.com/books/all/the-power-and-the-glory
MORE FROM THE BLOG
Decima Blake, the author of the popular Hingston's Box, is set to release their second installment in the series, Hingston: Smoke and Mispers on the 27th of January! Ahead of publication, the book was featured by ChiswickW4! 'Decima Blake's 'Hingston: Smoke and Misp...read more